Having trained and worked in various well known institutes in the country, including Institute of Human Behaviour and Allied Sciences( IHBAS) Delhi, Institute of Mental Health and Hospital ( IMHH) Agra, Assam Medical College, Dibrugarh has given her a very good grasp of the subject. She has also undergone brief training in Child Psychiatry and Deaddiction Psychiatry at National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS), Bengaluru.
In addition to her extensive experience in the field of psychiatry she has expertise in dealing with:
- Child and Adolescent Mental health issues including Intellectual impairments, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), behavioural issues, Adolescent substance use problems.
- Female Mental Health issues.
- Marital and Psychosexual issues.
- Depression, Anxiety disorders
- Schizophrenia and Mood disorders
Dr Ananya has been actively involved in various community outreach programmes including outreach clinics and mental health awareness programs in the community.
In addition to being involved in teaching of post graduate trainees she has been involved in training program of Medical officers in Delhi, training of counsellors, nursing students.
Dr Ananya has also published various papers and has experience of working in NABH accredited institute.