What is Bipolar Disorder?
Bipolar disorder, also known as manic-depressive illness, is a disorder that causes unusual shifts in mood, energy, activity levels, and the ability to carry out day-to-day tasks.
Main categories of Bipolar Disorder
What is MANIA…???
The word “MANIA” describes the times when someone feels overly excited and confident. These feelings can also involve irritability and impulsive or reckless decision-making
Symptoms of MANIA
- Manic Episode- A period of persistently elevated, expansive and irritable mood
- Excessive happiness, hopefulness, and excitement
- Inflated self esteem
- More talkativeness than usual
- Poor concentration
- Decreased need to sleep
- High sex drive
- Making grand and unrealistic plans
- Showing poor judgment
- Marked impairment in functioning- social and occupational